Wells Core REIT has appointed Taylor & Mathis of Florida to manage Miramar Center II, the 96,000 square-foot, Class-A office building it owns in Miramar, Florida. The building is 100% leased to Humana Medical Plan, one of the core operating entities of Humana Inc. Humana is the nation’s second-largest provider of Medicare benefits and the fourth-largest U.S. health insurer based on revenue. Humana Medical Plan, which has occupied the property since it was completed in 2001, uses Miramar Centre II as executive office and back-office space. Director of Operations Marlene Diaz will oversee management responsibilities with Michael Wilkie serving as Senior Property Manager.
With the addition of Miramar Centre II to the management portfolio, Taylor & Mathis now manages all three buildings at the Miramar Centre Corporate Park. Taylor & Mathis’ Donna Korn and Jennifer Gemma handle leasing responsibilities for MetLife’s Miramar Center I & III. Miramar Centre I is also 100% leased and Miramar Centre III has 7,700 square feet available for lease in two suites.
The property is conveniently located by I-75 and Florida’s Turnpike. It is nearly equidistant to the Fort Lauderdale and Miami central business districts, as well as the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood and Miami International Airports.
Taylor & Mathis of Florida’s Broward leasing team has executed six office leases totaling 37,528 square feet at three MetLife properties in the third quarter. “Summer leasing activity has been unusually brisk this year; a sign of the improving economy,” according to T&M Director of Leasing Donna Korn.
Donna Korn and Jennifer Gemma of Taylor & Mathis brokered the following office lease transactions in Broward County on behalf of landlord MetLife including 21,831 square feet leased at Huntington Centre and 11,381 square feet at Miramar Centre in Miramar plus 3,866 square feet at Venture Corporate Center, Hollywood.
Huntington Centre, Miramar Florida
- Office of the Standing Chapter 13 Trustee for the Southern District of Florida | Miami-Dade Division signed a 10,039 square foot renewal and expansion.
- Nordyne International, Inc., offering industry-leading HVAC brands, products, training and programs, leased 7,644 square feet. The deal was co-brokered by Daniel Cook of Cook Commercial Realty, Inc. representing the tenant.
- Payroll Experts, LLC leased 3,532 square feet. The deal was co-brokered by Sal Bonsignore of Colliers International representing the tenant.
- Green Cross Home Care Services, Inc. signed a renewal of 616 square feet
Miramar Centre, Miramar Florida
- Humana Medical Plan, Inc. signed a renewal of 11,381 square feet. MetLife owns two buildings at Miramar Center with this deal keeping the 3401 building at 100% occupancy. The deal was co-brokered by Leigh Anne Johnson of DTZ representing the tenant.
Venture Corporate Center, Hollywood Florida
- Enclos Corp. leased 3,866 square feet. The deal was co-brokered by Zachary Talbot and Rick Miller of DTZ representing the tenant. Enclos, a facade engineering and curtain wall design company, is one of the largest specialty design-build contractors in the United States.