Taylor & Mathis of Florida will host the Waterford 5K Race this Friday, November 9th. The race is held at the Waterford at Blue Lagoon Corporate Park in Miami where Taylor & Mathis leases and manages eight office buildings on behalf of owners MetLife and DRA Advisors.
Taylor & Mathis Senior Property Manager, Peter Romero began the event 6 years ago as part of a tenant relations program. In that time it has grown to include 2000 participants with over $120,000 donated to charity. While geared towards tenants within the park, the race attracts participants from all over. This year’s event beneficiary is Miami Children’s Hospital.
“There is good reason everyone loves this race. It’s well organized in a beautiful location with the absolute best post race party on the racing circuit, according to Romero. “For 2012, DJ Irie is the official DJ! We’ll even have a Family Fun Zone with these really cool mega-inflatables for adults and kids. I haven’t seen this before at other races. Don’t miss it!” Kohl’s will be distributing FREE bicycle helmets to all kids while supplies last! There will be tons of free sampling from selected vendors showcasing healthy lifestyle products. A $5000 Breitling Watch will be won by either top Male or Female Runner! The Award Winning Marching Band, West Broward High Performance Ensemble will be performing along the picturesque course. After crossing the finish line, everyone is encouraged to stick around, celebrate, and enjoy the post-5k party.
The Waterford 5K promotes running and walking as a means to a fit, healthy lifestyle. The race promotes health and fun & donates 100% of its proceeds to charity. The Race takes place at the pristine Waterford at Blue Lagoon Corporate Park – a favorite spot for runners looking to run on well maintained grounds overlooking beautiful lakes, fountains and landscapes.
This is an event for runners and walkers of all abilities. The event boosts individual and corporate morale. Beginners can “ease into exercise” with friends, and carry with them the desire to continue walking and running to improve overall health. Competitive runners have the opportunity to shine amongst their co-workers and perhaps lead a corporate team to victory.
The event has become known as much for the after party as the race. This year’s after party will be EPIC! Infinity productions will provide pre-event music, special lighting and dancers to get everyone in the spirit! World renowned DJ Irie, will get the party started at 8:30pm.
- 6th annual event has grown to almost 2000 race participants. Many friends and family members will also be in attendance to cheer the participants on.
- FedEx is the title sponsor and all proceeds will go to Miami Children’s Hospital.
- The race will have donated over $120,000 to charity, to date.
- Major sponsors include: MetLife, TIAA-CREF, Breitling, Club Med, L’Oreal, Waste Management, FIU Online, Diageo, and DRA Advisors.
- Kohl’s will be giving out free bike helmets to all kids at the event.
- The Event features a Kids Zone featuring giant inflatable rides.
- World-renowned DJ Irie is the official DJ and will start the post race party at 8:30pm.
- The Miami Marlins will bring Billy the Marlins, the Energy Team and will also raffle prizes.
- Dry fit tech shirts are provided to the first 1000 race entrants.
- The event is produced by TeamFootWorks, producers of the Mercedez Benz Corporate Run Series. The Miami series is now the 6th largest race in the country.